Chip makers use new performance boards for every new chip they develop. Since most integrated circuit/chip makers generally have large factories devoted to the testing of their chips. Hundreds of testers are typically used on a 24 hour/7 days a week basis. Each chip testers may be well over $1,000,000. So when a new chip is developed, which is often, having to go purchase hundreds of new chip testers can be a very costly option. Fortunately, most times all that is necessary is the need to change to new performance boards. These performance boards can be directly configured for the new chip and acts as the transition from the new chip to the existing testers. Most of the time, these performance boards have many reed relays carrying out the switching, allowing the integrated circuit signals from the tester to properly test the device under test.
Full Application Write Up Switching Performanc PCB's Used In IC's - Reed Relay
- High reliability
- Ideal RF characteristics
- Ideal for carrying fast digital pulses with skew rates less than 20 picoseconds.
- Ability to carry RF signals from DC up to 20 GHz (SRF)
- 50 Ω characteristic impedance
- Switch to shield capacitance < 0.5 picofarads
- Dielectric strength across the contacts 200 volts
- Contacts dynamically tested
- Surface mounted
- Very low profile
- BGAs available
- Rugged thermoset over-molded packaging
- Qual-shield arrangement
Browse Our Entire List Of Applications Or Search Our Application PDF Library For More Details.