Particularly in warm weather areas convertible automobiles are very popular; however, surprisingly, even in cold weather areas, convertible autos are also very popular in the summer, warm weather months. In these areas, as the evenings cool or sudden weather conditions develop, the convertible roofs may need to be closed in a hurry. Most of the convertibles have gone over to the automatic opening and closing. Reed sensors play a key role in accomplishing this.
Full Application Write Up Automatic Convertible Roofs - Reed Sensor
- Capable of operating between -50°C to 150°C
- Contacts dynamically tested
- Cylindrical panel mount and screw fastening mounting
- Large sensing distances possible
- Magnet and reed sensor are isolated and have no physical contact by typically having the magnet mounted to the convertible roof and the reed sensor mounted and positioned to detect the end limit position(s)
- Millions of reliable operations
- The permanent magnet is not affected by its environment
- The reed switch never comes in contact with the actual movement of the piston
- The reed switch used in the reed sensor is hermetically sealed and is therefore not sensitive to dirty environments
Browse Our Entire List Of Applications Or Search Our Application PDF Library For More Details.