With the continuous worldwide threat of terrorism, most countries need to be monitoring all electronic communication on a 24/7 basis. Most of this is done with electronic receivers scanning all the RF ranges where potential communication may take place. RF switches are needed to switch from scanner to scanner without affecting the very small signals that are potentially being received. Using RF semiconductors can be very expensive and suffer from inter modular distortion, while electromechanical relays are large, bulky and expensive. Standex Electronics’s continually advancing RF reed relays are ideally suited for this application.
Electronic Receivers Use Reed Relays
Today terrorism is the most feared subject in the world. Monitoring world communications can act as a deterrent by supplying potential early warnings preventing potential calamities about to occur. Having sophisticated electronic scanning receivers that have the ability to scan large frequency bands in an efficient manner is a key requirement.
Full Application Write Up RF Receivers - Reed Relay
- High reliability
- Ideal RF characteristics
- Ideal for carrying fast digital pulses with skew rates less than 20 picoseconds
- Ability to carry RF signals from DC up to 20 GHz (SRF relay-coming soon/request samples today)
- 50Ω characteristic impedance
- Switch to shield capacitance <0.5 picofarads
- Dielectric strength across the contacts 200 volts
- Contacts dynamically tested
- Surface mounted
- Very low profile
- BGA’s available
- Rugged thermoset over-molded packaging
- Qual-shield arrangement
Browse Our Entire List Of Applications Or Search Our Application PDF Library For More Details.