Standex Electronics offers optocouplers, reed relays, switches, sensors, and magnetics in the oil and gas industry
The Oil & Gas industry is essential, providing gas in our cars and fuel for commercial and industrial application needs. Standex Electronics 530-03 Series Optocouplers provides galvanic separation of intrinsic safety circuits with an isolation voltage up to 20kVDC, CTR min. 0.5 (50%), and a cutoff of 50kHZ. The 530 series also offers minor output delay times compared to relays and is able to invert the output signal during transfer. Used in flammable gas processing plants, this reliable product has a long life due to non-mechanical wear.
They also offer a range of other optocouplers and reed relays, including the MRX Series Reed Relay for use whereas process automation in oil refineries is needed. The MRX series is RoHS compliant and an ATEX approved reed relay suitable for circuits of the category „ia“ due to its peak voltage of 375.
For more information on our Optocouplers and Reed Relays, click here.
Fluid level sensors within oil pipelines, drilling rigs, and flow systems:
- Oil pump systems
- Offshore drilling (refinery)
- Onshore drilling (refinery)
- Storage tank level monitoring (tells when the oil reservoir is too high or too low)
Other oil and gas applications:
- Switches and sensors in emergency shut off valves
- Gas station reservoirs
- Magnetics and power distribution products provide operability and transfer of power in derrick platforms
- Multiple applications inside rotary drills
- Multiple applications inside drill pipes
- Multiple applications inside well logging and drill stem testing
For a complete list of additional applications and products, contact us.
Browse some of our product datasheets below: