We suggest checking the following items:
- Are you using a metal cover? If so, is it cold rolled steel? Is it a ferromagnetic material?
- Are you using a bobbinless coil? If so, is there enough room to make the I.D. a little smaller in diameter?
- What is the actual range of pull-in voltage?
- Is there enough room to do a 1/2″ wire size larger on the coil wire?
- Is the reed switch bent and formed? Or is it cut and soldered to a post? If soldered to a post go to a nickel iron pin and weld the reed switch.
- If all of these fail consider using an internal magnetic shield in addition to the magnetically shielding cover.