Standex Electronics design engineers often think ‘out of the box’ to develop custom marine solutions – like the “voice coil” we developed for use in an outboard marine engine. This coil, which is completely immersed in fuel, energizes the fuel injectors. This engine has the highest efficiency and cleanest operating performance of any marine engine. In addition to the electronics functioning properly, we had to develop a seal that would isolate the electronics from its corrosive and highly combustible environment.
We’ve also designed keyless ignition components and systems – and other custom electronic components and assemblies that marine design engineers might need. And our experience with advanced fluid level sensor technology is at work on the high seas and lakes across the globe. In fact, marine design engineers rely on Standex Electronics to provide components as well as ideas, engineering expertise and assistance at every stage. Whether a project is in design, test or production, Standex Electronics delivers. We can provide components or integrate them into value-added assemblies to streamline production and reduce assembly time and cost. In house capabilities – including molding, stamping, winding, termination and assembly – make us unique – and uniquely qualified to handle marine applications. And our “global footprint” means that we manufacture worldwide to simplify shipping, logistics and costs of getting your parts wherever they are needed.
Standex Electronics parts for Marine Applications:
- “Voice Coil” for fuel injector
- Liquid level sensor assemblies for corrosive, conductive environments
- Immobilizer coils for ignition switches
- Keyless receiver antennas for marine ignition systems
- Proximity sensors for hood latch verification and other marine applications
- Non-intrusive sensing capability (externally mounted sensors)
- Float-level sensors for various liquids
- Low voltage lighting transformers for dashboard lighting applications
- High frequency inductors for engine control
- Three-phase power supplies for naval applications